Riot Blockchain is a Nasdaq-listed public Bitcoin mining and hosting company operating in the United States. Riot’s strategic focus is expanding and efficiently operating its Bitcoin mining operations, through industrial-scale infrastructure development at its Whinstone facility in Rockdale, Texas, and latest-generation miner procurement. Riot’s self-mining fleet is currently being upgraded to approximately 120,000 next generation Bitcoin miners. Riot has plans to continue increasing its hash rate capacity to exceed 12.8 exahash per second by the end of 2022. Riot aims to be an industry-leader in Bitcoin mining.
Key attributes we are looking for:
You are interested in Bitcoin and being involved in the sector. You are creative, innovative, and strive to improve organizational efficiency. You have strong communication skills and can multi-task. You identify problems and solve them. You value small teams because the opportunity they provide for you to make a difference. You take initiative and you are self-sufficient.
About this role:
In this role, you will collaborate with the existing legal and leadership team to deliver favorable outcomes and reduce the legal risk of the organization through partnership and documentation of critical information. The Associate General Counsel will report directly to our general counsel and will serve as a member of our in-house legal team.
- Provide legal support and guidance to the corporate leadership team.
- Conduct legal research and draft public company filings.
- Conduct due diligence and drafting agreements in transactional matters.
- Enlighten leadership on legal options and making them aware of the possible outcomes or threats.
- Stay informed of any current legislation and industry trends.
- Prepare legal documents and contracts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Strategize on how to resolve and improve the company’s legal affairs.
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small.
- Thrives in an environment where you need to roll-up your sleeves and own outcomes.
- Ability to strike sensible and practical balance between legal risks and the need to do business.
Key skills, education, and experience:
- You must have a college degree and a Juris Doctor from an accredited US law school and be licensed to practice law in at least one US jurisdiction.
- You must have a minimum of 3-5+ years’ in the practice of law in a high-quality law firm or in-house environment, and have a solid understanding of corporate and commercial contract issues.
- You must possess considerable knowledge of and experience with 33 Act and 34 Act and a solid background in M&A.
- Adaptability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a team of attorneys and team members to develop strategies for various business situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Competitive compensation to commensurate with experience.
Paid Time off
Associate General Counsel – Austin, TX: Apply Now